Saturday, May 16, 2009

RUSH and shit. =)

Today was a hell of a busy day... I didn't even get to do any homework, except for one page of the chem wksht that mdm yeo gave today.

Morning was Chem remedial, after that rushed home to change, and then rushed to Orchard for my dental appointment. My teeth are well settled in their new arrangement, but i'll still need to wear my invisalign retainers for around 2 months full time.

Next, my mom and I went to have lunch at Wisma Atria's foodcourt. Had my fav beef noodles =) We couldn't find a seat at the quiet corner of the foodcourt (the only place in the foodcourt where you can hang around even after you've finished your meal, to do some work), so I didn't manage to complete my homework at Wisma as planned. Ah well, went to do some shopping instead. Topshop was having a sale, but as usual, I'm too skinny, they didn't have my size.

Went to Mango instead, bought a knit cardigan for around 30 dollars. Quite good quality. I like their new line by Penélope Cruz, but too bad its too grown up for my age. After that, went to Takashimaya coz my mom wanted to buy some slacks.

Following which, I rushed to my Chinese Tuition. Today was the last lesson, and it was a bit sad, to break out of the routine of travelling to Bugis every Saturday for that purpose. Teacher went through for one last time on how to tackle Chinese Essay questions, and wished us the best for our O levels. But those Raffles Institution boys at the back of the class kept on talking (as usual), which was really distracting. Just because they're smart doesn't give them the privilege to disallow others who need the tuition.

Well, back to the rush. Ate a quick snack at a nearby café, then made our way back to Yishun, where my dad picked us up, and drove us to East Coast for dinner.

Alot of people joined us for dinner today. Let's see... There was my paternal side's intermediate family (My parents and I, my uncle and family, my other uncle who is single, my aunt, and my paternal grandparents). And my aunt's boyfriend, Mark, joined us as well. He'd be going back to USA tomorrow, and was nice enough to give us this dinner treat. =) My aunt's friend Stephanie came as well, she's German, and has a really likable personality! My dad's cousin, Aunt Christine came too. I haven't seen her for a long long time, and she recently returned to Singapore from Australia. We had like 2 crabs, a few veggie dishes, mushrooms and satays. Oh and that sweet sweet longan dessert thing. And my granddad HAD to order a jug of beer, which my very very very health consious second uncle fondly terms as yeast shit.

Like he told me once before that when they make alcohol, they put the yeast in the grape juice, and the yeast consumes the grape thing, and lives in there. Of course, every living organism has to shit, and yeah, the yeast pretty much shitted in the grape juice, and waalaah, you get some alcohol. In the end of the alcohol making process, the yeast were found to be all dead, and scientists have actually traced the cause of death of the yeast. The yeast had drowned in their own shit. Hahax. Hilarious, but true. And all those research about people drinking one glass of wine actually live longer and blahs, its true, because its due to the substances in the grape juice.

SO, a solution to live long and not drink shit? Drink pure grape juice instead. It keeps your heart healthy too! =) We stockpile like cartons in my home, so that's pretty much the only juice I drink, except for orange juice, which I like to buy when I'm at school.

Okays, pardon me for using the word "shit" a lot today. Its much more convenient to type than faeces. Gotta go prepare for study group tmr, so I'm gonna sign off now.=)

lovelovelove...
Carmen =D

No comments: