Saturday, May 2, 2009

Flu for thoughts. =P

Went to the doctor today, because the fever came back last night. Came back with 5 types of medicine: tablets for fever, anitbiotics, pills for runny nose, MAC lozenges for sore throat, and a bottle of nose drop. I've totally lost my sense of taste and smell, but i'm feeling okay about it.

I'm so bummed that I have to skip Chinese tuition because of my flu... I love tuition classes. My teacher is really enthusiatic and engaging during lessons, so i'm never bored. Now, I'm working on a few chinese exercises, just to sorta "弥补" or "repay" (though i doubt that's the correct meaning of what i'm trying to express...) for the one lesson i missed.

Obama is visiting Singapore soon for the APEC meeting held here... and He might be holding Town Hall style meeting sessions for Singaporean youth =) double smiles. I'm so so so so attending if that happens. I would like scramble for a seat. Obama is like one of the people in the world that I want to meet the most, and in my opinion, he's doing a fantastic job in running USA, despite all the problems left behind by the Bush Administration plus the bad global economy and the new threat of swine flu. God Bless America!! XD They say he's reading up on Ronald Reagan's era to figure how Reagan handled the Great Depression. Other's suggest that he should read up on the Frost Nixon period to find out how to deal with his opposition political aggressors. But I believe he'll help America pull through this crisis. I think he has the ability to do so. Obama rocks!

Just visited PuYu's blog, out of boredom, and curiousity... She has not changed a bit.

Complaining time:

Now i'm only left with Chemistry homework =( yucks. I really don't have any affinity with that subject. My public enemy no. 1. If only I could borrow Calista's brain for like an hour or two, just so I can finish that piece of homework. I could lend her mine for her Social studies SBQ homework in return. If only.

Just not looking forward to school on Monday, for various reasons. Mondays and Wednesdays are like the longest days in the week, and its just a dread to be stuck in school in this heat, with all the dry subjects and to add to my misery, my flu. Plus, there's Physics SPA practice, which i haven't even studied. I plan to just skim through tomorrow night. I betcha I'll screw that SPA up big time.

People say that finding pleasure is not a matter of doing what you like, but liking what you do. But seriously, some things in this world, have no reason to be liked at all in the first place. Finding the pleasures in the little things that happen in life helps downplay the unhappiness, but not eradicate it.

~C

No comments: