Monday, May 25, 2009

Gonna be Peter Parker, Spidey no more.

Regarding Sam.P's curious comments on the tagboard (man, I sound like Mrs Choo... lols) err... It's not really convenient to say the name, so infer from all the info that i've given you previously.

I took a break from doing my Physics worksheet just now, and it just happened that living room tv was on, showing Spiderman 2. I've watched that show like a gazillion times, but for the sake of taking a break, I watched 15 mins of it. The part I watched was the portion when Peter Parker was like wondering whether being Spiderman was taking away too much of his life, and he decided to dump his Spidey costume and become Peter Parker again. Great power comes great responsibility, and so goes that famous quote. It made me wonder, have I been too much of a "spiderman"?
I'm starting to regret alot alot of stuff that i've done, or committed to for the whole of this year, and last. Like I always thought I could take on that extra responsibility, just because I longed to experience different things along my sec school life. But come to think of it now, I might have been too much of a "spiderman" taking in responsibilities, burdens that have weighed down significantly on my schoolwork. Just like how Peter Parker took on the role of being Spiderman, and how his results and job performance dropped, because of that. Peter Parker chose to abandon his superhero persona, to prevent it from further eating into his own life. Of course, since Spiderman is the superhero who fights the baddies, Peter returned to his Spiderman life again.

But it's different, for me. My extra responsibilities don't include saving the world. In fact, Peter chose to be Spiderman in the end, because the importance of making society a safer place came above the importance of him being Peter. He was being selfless. For me, though, my schoolwork, my results, my personal life, should take top priority, instead of all this extra stuff. Volunteer this, volunteer that, UNSA, Scholar's cup in June, all the other blahs.... Seriously, to quote Britney Spears, "What Was I Thinking?"

I still have Scholar's cup on June the 13th, and although I am looking forward to it, the fact that I'm spending more time on studying for that ( partly because it's more interesting and also because I want to perform well for my team) than focusing on my Chinese O Levels, okay... this is worrying. So, I'm only only going to limit my time for studying for scholar's cup to all the recesses in sch. No other time, can't afford to care too much about that. We registered on a mentality that we won't win anyway.

I'm choosing Peter Parker over Spiderman. I just want a nice O level cert.

Change.

No comments: