Sunday, September 6, 2009

Polling results...

okays, so here is what YOU voted as the most popular design. It's the Class T Front Design one (15 votes). The runner-up would be the class t design three (11 votes). I only have a total of 28 votes (just to let y'all know, i didn't vote), so excluding PuYu and me, that's 28 out of 44, which is 63.64% of the class. For the 16 people who have yet to vote, the poll will still be open till 8 p.m. Monday night, so I can get a clearer picture of what the true majority wants.

So, I'll be doing up both the first and the third design, just in case of any changes in the voting results come tmr night.

The back design will remain as the one with the sign board that says "this is not the end".

Now, allow me to tackle the several suggestions or comments that have been put forward. I will be totally frank in this, so before I begin, I would like to apologize first, in case I offended anyone accidentally in the process of writing. (i know this will sound debatish, but pls bear with me. it's in the blood.) :

#1 Use back our class motto (and the hot air balloon thingy):
Okaay... Class motto and hot air balloon... Sounds ok, but that would mean a complete scrap and coming up with a new design, which would equate to more brainstorming, calling up lots of people and asking for suggestions, which is kinda unfeasible given the time limit i'm under. You have to understand that each design is a result of hours of threading together random ideas to come up with complete jigsaw puzzle, and I'm afraid that I am not able to come up with a new design, with this whole new design criteria in a time of say a day.

#2 Potraying the O'Levels as a Devil, might be too sarcastic:
Hhmmm... I personally don't think it's too sarcastic, but this is not my personal tee, so I'll check around with others before coming to a final decision to see if the O levels figure shld remain as a devil or be changed to something not so extreme, like maybe a black shadow or such.

#3 Front design to the back, back design to the front:
Okay, sorries but i'm really against this one, because you'll make the whole thing about the "this is not the end sign" countereffective. The message that the sign is trying to convey is to get people to know that 4H will still remain as friends at least, even long after this year. But if this is put on the front, people might get warped ideas that Hey, this is not the end, okay, but when they look at the back of the shirt, they'll see that, okay, so the end of this class would be 4H 2009 then. So 4H 2009 will cease to exist. Er... okay, i didn't put it out well enough in words, or maybe I'm thinking too deep. Second substantiative point to my argument is that the back design put at the front would look really weird. Seriously, It looks strange if you're wearing a shirt with a sign this is not the end at the front, with a long road.

#4 Use the names of the people in the class to create the shape 4H 2009:
It really wouldn't be clear, even if the background is black and the words are white, or vice versa. Trust me, I've tried to recreate it, and the shape of 4H 2009 does not come out well. It looks as if you are wearing a shirt with a mass of alphabetical letter on it, which will not pass off as a class shirt at all. And if like we do it, it turns out wrong, and ask the supplier to re-do it, we might not be able to get it free, and it wastes time too. Os are coming up, and we can't spend too much time dealing with this sort of thing.

#5 Our names on our shirts:
Yup okay, we can have our names on our shirt, maybe smaller, so people won't see from a far. That would be good. I think that the names can be put on the sleeve, see what the supplier says on this one.

OK. that's all. I just threw everything i have on my mind out.

oh, and please forgive my friend trish if she managed to annoy anyone. I apologise on her behalf as well. New Yorkers are well, as I said, different.

~C

No comments: