Friday, April 24, 2009

please no more mistaken identities...

Really long post... have a lot of topics to cover... thanks to my long absence off blogging, in exchange for more time in slogging for studies. and BIO SPA Skill 3.

I finally told chenghui about that guy's identity. I can't remember what exactly she said, but i remember she said "eeewww". Funny thing was, she didn't even like say like I was wasting my time or gave me any lecture. In fact she wasn't even curious about who it was. Boy has Cheng Hui matured so much since the first time I met her. =) I love you mate!

Talked about marriage for CLVES this week.. Was pretty dumb. Had to imagine some situation when I got married. I couldn't really get the scenario right. All I could imagine was my dress, and how I would design it, as a fashion designer. Didn't catch a glimpse of the groom at all. Cheng Hui was supposed to role play a married couple with HeiKern, but in the end, because she had some girl emergency... I had to jump out, rescue and replace her. It went ok, I've been in ELDDS drama course ok!! hahax, lols. I was too hungry then to think about anything but food. I was actually like dreaming of Mcdonalds when I read the script. LOLs. Next week, during Mdm Sue's Eng lesson, we even have to present to the tiny class about our views and sentiments of marriage.
I have no idea what to say at all. To me, its a committment, a proof of love, that really can't be described in words. And who says all married couples quarrel? I've never seen my parents quarrelling in my entire lifetime. I've only seen them sharing and giving in to each other. I hope my marriage will be like that.

And some people who have offered to guess who that guy is, have given mistaken identities. Ok, i'm just going to keep my lips zipped for the moment, or rather forever.

Recap of what happened past few days:
1. Sec 4 Prefects stepped down... They did great, and will continue to do better. =)
2. Mrs Choo taught us her first Chem Lecture to all sec 4 express. Her chem lecture was actually clearer than her bio lessons. Surprise surprise. But some students were really mean to make bad comments about her. Nobody deserves that.
3. For Suxue and Cal: Some people will never find out who Wolverine is. ;)
4. Taylor Swift replied my email!!!!!! OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. I LOVE HER!
5. I passed my 2.4 km run... time was ~16mins. quite happy with myself coz I've not been running for more than 8 months (except for NAPTA practices).
6. I'm finally starting to get momentum on my studies. Hopefully I will gradully gain enough to reach my peak performance in O Levels.
7. Mr Cosgrove (the new Irish teacher in my sch) Finally came into our class. He talked to me, Cal and Su Xue a bit, says he sympathises us for our enormous stressload. He says that people would be out in the streets protesting against the education system, if this were Ireland. I agree totally. Thank god for at least ONE teacher that understands our pain and stress.
8. I've not gotten over that guy yet. Guess I'll never will in such a short period of time. And no, I'm not giving any more clues. and please stop guessing. =)
9. Nick. Wow. like wow. you've made us all proud with your achievements. Head Boy ehh? =)

OK... blahs, Heikern requested for me to post one of my songs up, so here it is. Actually, its a new one that I just wrote over yesterday and today. It's for my friend Kristen. He'll come back to you. He promised. We all believe he will. You're worth that. Title? Back From Tennessee.

Once upon a time
In a small town
There was a boy and girl
So deeply in love, nothing could break them

They'd walk home from school
hand in hand
On Friday Night's they'd
watch the stars in her parent's front yard.

Then One day, the boy had to leave
Cause' his daddy found work in Tennessee
When he broke her the news,
they both cried, and the girl said...

(chorus)
Don't leave me alone,
Don't let me go
You might be miles away but my heart's with you, always
Don't forget the times
Nor the kisses or the stars
Promise me you'll come back to my heart'
Promise me you'll be Back from Tennessee

On their last night together
He held her close
Her head on his chest
They watch the stars until the sun rose

In the beautiful sunlight
All was bittersweet
she cried her last tears
tried to remember his heartbeat, then he had to go

He recalled the words she said before...

(chorus)

(bridge)
After she saw his car disappear from the road
She drove home crying, lost, alone and cold
Rushed into her room, wanted to play their song
But beside her guitar was a letter that he wrote, and he said

I won't leave you alone
Never will let you go
You might be miles away but my heart's with you, always
Won't forget the times
Nor the kisses or your eyes
Promise I'll be the one to put that ring on your finger, and I
Promise I'll be back from Tennessee.

This song is in the key of E major, and erm I really really don't have the habit of writing music scores. The tune is like country music. Think Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood. Something along the lines of those styles. I'd rather do 3 Socials SEQ than write music notes one by one. and basically, the chords of the song are like er in my head... Usually I'll get a friend to translate onto the score for me =) Anyways, to make up for the lack of info for the song, here's a dummy guide to how to start writing songs.

My Method: Think of a situation that you would like to write a song about. Start thinking of what sentences or phrases you would fit in your lyrics. Then quickly grab a pen and an old napkin =) and write down YOUR song. If you've thought of a tune to that song while writing the lyrics, take your handphone's voice recorder function and either sing it or hum the tune. Complete the lyrics of the song, sing through it to make sure it sounds okay, that the pitches of the Chorus and the rest of the song clicks. notice i've not used any musical instrument until now. Now, with that tune in your head ( and in your phone, in case you forgot), go to your piano or guitar or violin and try to figure out the chords to accompany your tune. If you have difficulty in this, work out your tune in musical notes (A,B,C, etc) before trying to figure out the chords. After that, write each respective chord on the top of its respective word in the lyrics. and Waa laa... your song.

Demi Lovato's method: Think of a scenario which your song revolves around. Sit at your piano or play your guitar, experiment with a couple of chords and notes here and there, and if you do it long enough, you can actually form a melody that you like. Try to think of lyrics og your scenario that fit into the melody you've just created. plug everything in, write the chords, the song down, record it in your handphone recorder in case you forget, and waa laa, your song.

Jonas Brother's Method: Brainstorm with a couple of buddies or brothers or sisters about what song you would like to write. Everyone trys out new tunes/ lyrics with the above two methods. In the end, a combination of ideas would give you your new song lyrics and melody. Needs ALOT of teamwork, and TIME.

Sorry... I really have no idea how Taylor Swift writes her songs. Maybe I should ask her...

okok... there you go, run along and write your own song. For those who don't have any music background, no worries. Just draft out the tune and lyrics in your head, and remember them, so you can sing it or hum it for someone else with a music background, so that person can draft out the notes for you. =)

XOXO
carmen

No comments: