Saturday, April 11, 2009

after ladder 49


yay... finally got my braces removed today. It feels so great =) I'm getting my invisilign retainers on tues, and have to wear it for 3 months, just in case the teeth shift. whatever the case, no more metal in my mouth =)

regarding that relationship problem in my last post, well, i'm feeling wee bit better today, thanks to all my friends and their love guru advice =) and after a whole marathon of Taylor Swift, Jonas Brothers, and Miley Cyrus songs. esp that Jonas Bro song "Love is on its way"... bottom line? believe in love, coz it'll reach you, bless you wherever, whenever you need it. And that guy that got me all tangled up...? well of course he still doesn't know yet (he's totally oblivious btw), but i'll just take it by day and see how it goes. oh, and maybe i shan't tell cheng hui afterall... if not she'll be nagging at me like the big sister "da jie" figure that she is =)

oh and the complications i mentioned it my tagboard? what the heck. I'll just deal with it, however dreadful it might seem, but i think i can handle it... i think... i don't want to hurt anybody here. that's why i'm keeping silent about the complications. Maybe I observe or read people too much. maybe i've found out more than i am supposed to know. maybe what i made a wrong deduction about somebody. but i have a choice not to voice it out, in order to prevent more hurt from becoming of others. even if its uncomfortable for me, yeah, it's worth it.

my homework pile is taller than Mt Everest. I know I keep on complaining about h/w in my blog, but I can't help it. Its killing me. I don't see the point of so much homework when the teachers can't even finish marking it and giving it back to us. and I can't help comparing with my american/canadian counterparts, who either don't have homework at all, or have a homework pile so minute that they can finish it less than an hour. life is unfair.

watched the movie Ladder 49 on tv today... it was great, almost made me cry... i could even feel the tears forming. when the lead firefighter (played by joaquin phoenix) died at the end of the show, in an ablaze building after rescuing someone, it made me think so much about losing the people you love around you at anytime. i don't want that, but its gotta happen sometime, doesn't it? it also made me think of all the men and women who risk their lives everyday in order to protect the lives of others. something no ordinary person could do. and to the family of these brave men and women, who worry endlessly about their loved ones, fearing the day that they'll see their loved ones exchange their lives for another, to give their life on the job, to save another soul. god bless these people. I salute you for all the bravery and selflessness that you possess. i don't think i'll ever want to watch that show again though. i hate to see great, courageous people just pass on like that... they deserve better. again why life is unfair.

listen to your heart,
fly with the wind,
unfortunate souls,
taste the freedom in the clouds,
for there i hope you'll find your peace
LOVE three times over,
carmen

No comments: