Thursday, July 16, 2009

FREEDOM FREEDOM FREEDOM

after the Biology paper today... i felt like screaming like a mad Jonas fan and running about the classroom in joy... (ok, sorry, just lame sarcasm... I couldn't resist). IT'S FINALLY OVER. Prelim ONE. Today is one of the happiest days of my life. Like for real, its wonderful =)
[warning... this is quite a long post. filled with interesting things, i think =X]
Happy HAPPY birthday to Cheng Hui. You're one of my most trusted friends of all. Been through lots of thick and thin with ya, may have thrown a lot of tantrums in front of you, even gotten mad with you lots of times, but in the end, I still love as the wonderful friend you are=) So honey, shine your 1000 megawatt smile =D




Su Xue, Calista, Cheng Hui and I went to watch Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince today at causeway point. With Amos, Sam C, Zhi Xun and Zaki. WOW. This is actually the first time i've watched a movie with so many people. But the movie was superb, like really good. It was 2.5 hours, but it didn't feel like 2.5 hours. It ended with a "to be continued" kinda feeling. But i'm definitely going to watch the next sequel. I trust that they are going to do a next one. Su xue has a thing for Prof Snape, as mentioned before. Yeah, he's quite "suai" (cool) in the movie. It's sad, though, to see him misunderstood by everyone as the bad guy. But as for me, I still like Harry Potter the most=) hahax.



Bought the Jonas Brother's CD, Lines, Vines and Trying times today. Listening to it right now, in fact. Ah, I just can't stand the fact that I'm missing one Jonas CD. Like a missing piece right in the middle of a puzzle. Now i've finally got it, ain't feelin so fidgety. And this time I agree with Suxue, Nick Jonas does look a little little little little bit like Duncan. But only for the front cover picture. a tiny tiny little bit. hahax. but not like glenn. at all. period. not even the "aura"... lols =)



Bought the Essential Michael Jackson CD also!! Yeah, thank God I got it. I thought it was all gonna be sold out or something... But I still got my hands on one! My dad got his concert CD in Budapest like a week or two before he died for like $8. and now the price shot up. My mom says my dad had sixth sense. hahax. It still doesn't feel like MJ died. Like he's still here. Perhaps that's what it's like when you leave a legacy. Like Elvis, like MJ. Who's next?


I was watching a tv programme on Channel U at 8pm. I can't remember its name, but its about like celebrities going to rural places to do charity. It was really touching. Like those kids, they live in places so far out from society, have difficulties even making ends meet. But they get happy so easily. They want an education. They see school as something really like a gift that they must treasure. But why do we, the city teenagers, blessed with all things material, blessed with advanced education, resent what we've been given? Others don't even have a chance to study, but we are given this opportunity. Yet, we feel like its making us miserable. I don't know if we should be thankful or not, but sometimes I really wish for the simple life, where the pace of everything is just slower, where you can take your time, and really appreciate everything around you. I want to appreciate my education, what i've been blessed with, but I just can't bring myself to. Maybe its the pressure to excel. Maybe we should just study, with not the aim of results in mind, but the aim of gaining more knowledge about understanding everything around us, and to open up possibilities. Maybe we would be much happier like that. But its sad that society forces us not to view things this way.

I completely flunked Physics. Like I practically guessed my way throught the whole paper. I swear to God I'll never ever ever touch Physics ever again after O levels. I studied really hard for that subject, but I still can't get it.

Don't wanna go to school tmr. Don't wanna get blasted back to reality. Cross our fingers -- please no shellings tmr. Please no.

Finally, something I feel that my friends should hear... No matter what the results achieved for your Prelim one, DON'T feel discouraged, or feel like YOU are not good enough. Everyone has his or her strengths in different areas, and though results are important, those A's or C's don't determine who you are. For that, you'll have to show people that you can do your thing. Besides, Prelims are just stepping stones. Cambridge people aren't that heartless to set crazy, over the top papers. Kids in Britain don't see their ten-year series or their prelims as their "bible" like we do. You might have lost a couple of marks here and there, but don't you ever lose yourself. All of you shine in different ways. Never undermine yourself. Your greater than that. Most importantly, don't lose hope. Have faith =)
xoxo.
"cause the black keys, never looked so beautiful, and a perfect rainbow never seemed so dull... and the lights out never had this bright a glow... and the black keys, showing me a whole I'd never know"... NICK JONAS, song: BLACK KEYS, album: LINES, VINES, AND TRYING TIMES.

No comments: