Wednesday, July 29, 2009

argh. I say that really often nowadays, but the fact that the blogger toolbar is missing is really irksome. I hope they fix it soon. Like, fix it NOW for goodness sake. Today wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was entertaining thoughts of skipping school this morning. Lucky I didn't. Arrived at school right on the dot, as usual. As long as I don't miss the double green traffic lights right at the junction outside my home, I won't be late =)

I so feel like flying to Phoenix, Arizona right now to attend my Aunt's wedding... additional "ang moh" blood in my family. Then I could see Celina and family again, because they're driving down from Canada to attend the ceremony. There will be a second ceremony in Singapore, but that'll be after my GCSEs. Awwww man....

Today Mrs Choo gave us back our report slips... drumroll... I got 13 points for L1R5. Although Mrs Choo was lamenting that it wasn't my best, and I should be getting 8 or 9 or something like that, I was actually really happy and relieved inside. Like I thought I would totally flunk and get 17 or something. 13... with CCA and affiliation, I should be able to get into Nanyang JC. yay =) After Nanyang I would dash out of the Singaporean education system, and go for a foreign University. The thought of more gruelling result orientated environments scare me to death. Maybe that's why most Singaporeans think the grass is greener on the other side. Paranoid from the studying and stressful environment. MOE... please take note of that. You are turning the population into bookworms, and many "worms" have grown wings and are flying away.

Mdm Sue's lesson was productive today. Thanks to her, I finally understood the format for picture discussion. Usually I stumble my way through that section and depend solely on reading and conversation to buck up my marks. Now, I see the light. After seeing my results slip today, i'm really motivated to work even harder for Prelim 2, now having more faith in myself that I truly can overcome the difficulties and make it through in the end. Change, yes, we can! (boy, i haven't said that in a long while...)

For my fellow classmates and buddies out there... Don't lose hope!!! We all have the potential to succeed, but we just have to realise it and use the best of our abilities to try and unleash that potential. Here, you can apply your Physics Energy conservation law, that states that energy cannot be created or destroyed but only converted from one form to another. Okay, I am going crazy from all the mugging... but, Convert your energy to help you in your GCSEs!

xoxo.

No comments: