Tuesday, January 26, 2010

it's coming to an end


the beautiful and delish brownie cupcakes i made yesterday...

OMG. Thursday just seems more and more like a dark menancing cloud saying 'enjoyment is over, it's time to return to the stress life.' Eeewww. Well, weather forcast says sunny and cloudy skies for today, so lets not let the thundercloud spoil the view for today.

I met Su xue for breakfast today, at a freaking 7.40 am. Haha, ya I know, we miss each other like crazy, hence the crazy timing. And we just sat there and talked non-stop, until like 11.15 am. There was a lot of catching up to do. I wish Calista was there. We tried to call her, to ask if we could meet up tmr, but she's not able to make it. I wonder how long it will be before we reunite.
Well, once I got home, I started summing up what I've accomplished so far during this holiday break. Here's the list

1. Learned how to play guitar chords in 2 weeks, started playing songs by the 3rd. Now working on finger picking.
2. Learned how to read and write Korean, currently working on vocab and grammar.
3. Cleared up study room, threw away more than 5 A4 paper boxes full of stuff.
4. Devised system to manage finances.
5. Devised system for self-organisation (time management and prioritisation)
6. Learned how to Bake
7. Learned how to cook some American dishes.
8. Learned how to cook some Italian dishes.
9. Created a new fashion collague (that is proudly my wall deco in my study corner)
10. Brushed up on sketching and rendering skills, picked up new rendering techniques
11. Finally found my paint set and got on to create several art pieces.
12. Wrote 3 new songs on my guitar.
13. Completed research on potential Universities and Degrees that I would possibly take, plus tuition fees, pre-requisites, Degrees course content and potential careers.
14. Learned new makeup techniques (that i only use on other people. lols. I prefer to go without makeup)
15. Found time to visit all the new shopping malls in Orchard.

There are other things that I've done, like debate training: doing up the notes with Cheng hui and teaching, Travelling (a lot), reading up on Econs, Psychology and crime novels; and exercising more but the above 15 are the stuff that i've always wanted to do. I feel like I really have done a good job living my life this holiday, and I don't want to stop here. I don't want Thursday onwards to become a reason for my life to snap back into boring monotonity.

No comments: