Friday, August 28, 2009

Today sucked. I studied really really really really hard for the Geography paper today. I worked harder for it than any other paper but yet... I tried to stop myself from crying at the end of the paper. In the end I just dug my face into my jacket sleeve, so at least the tears would fall there, unnoticed. well, it worked. My dad's on IM with me now, trying to make it all okay. I just feel like I've let myself down, my effort down, the people who'd put hope in me down. Well, the first half for physical geog was okay, hopefully it'll turn out perfect. But the second half was stupid. The question wasn't stupid. I was. Like cummon, I read 2 questions wrongly and ended up doing thing totally wrong, and I only did the description level for the HDI 8 marks question. The heart-wrenching thing was that I knew the answers to all of them. Crap.

Thanks Cheng hui for making me feel better. You are right, like its better to make mistakes in your Prelims than in your actual O levels, and giving me that whole talk about how it doesn't really matter afterall. Although I'm still feeling wretched, you saved me from crying the whole way home.

Sorry to Su xue, Calista and Khar mei. I was probably too caught up in my own self-pity, that I forgot to ask you girls more about how your papers went. Sorry for that selfish moment.

Sorry to the people whom I ignored when you asked me how it went. No matter how upset I was, I should have at least gave a good or a bad answer.

After saying goodbye to Cheng Hui in the train today, I took a long walk in Cold Storage. Haha, its funny, yes, but Cold Storage has the most imports of western food, it reminds me most of being in Canada or something like that. That feeling of seeing your favourite maple syrup brand, or a few cans of organic chick peas and boxes of pancake mixes gives me an unexplained uplifting feeling.

I don't know if I should forgo a visit to the doc to go for Physics for tomorrow. Seriously, my heart has died on physics... no, rather physics has died on me. I see no sense in putting so much effort in it. Futile effort. Mr Lee has really been trying hard to teach us and motivate us, I know, but really I'm tried my hardest, so seriously I'm giving up. My mind's in a whirl right now.

They say that setbacks are there to make you stronger. I pray it holds true for all of us.

No comments: