Wednesday, August 5, 2009

it was much more quiet at school today, especially since about 6 people were missing in action. Not that it's entirely a good thing, I hope the sick people get well soon, but its nice to have a little quiet in the class every now and then.

I LOVE CHINESE LESSONS >,<
Today, Mr Yip screened the chinese martial arts movie Ip Man... wooaahh... so nice. Everyone was like hooked to the movie. The fight scenes were so superb! Actually I have a Ip Man DVD sitting right beside my living room television... I only noticed it today, when I was telling my grandma how awesome the fighting was. If kung fu was easy to learn, I would take it up, but I've tried Japanese martial arts (aikido), and naahhh not my type. Like, its pretty fun to swing people around and slam them on the floor, but its so not fun when its your turn to be slammed. I hate it when you land on the floor with your face on the mat, and it's not entertaining to think about how many feet have trodded over the mat, and it's definitely not good to see the acne you get as a result of that. The worse part is that the sensei is my uncle, and there is so much pressure to do well, when most of the time i can't even understand the moves shown. The awkwardness of suddenly being solemn and serious with the uncle you've fooled and kidded around all your life is suffocating. As a result, i stopped learning. (paiseh!!) Anyway, I only liked the sword-fighting parts, but the sword is so heavy i always get aches in my arms the next day. I think I'd better stick to my fortés.

Oh and Gerald showed me a hilarious video on the bus today. It's a bit racist, against Chinese (my own race, i know. just take it in with an open mind for stand up comedy) and their way of talking, but its pretty funny. The stand up comedian featured is Russel Peters. Go check it out in Youtube if you will. But I still prefer Achmed the Dead Terrorist. Here's a video of Achmed =)

ACHMED THE DEAD TERRORIST:


This one below is funnier =)

No comments: