Thursday, December 31, 2009

NEW YEAR........

It's the New Year... Again. Somehow I feel like 2009 just started not long ago, and now everything's about to wrap up to start 2010. We're not having any New Year party or anything, but my mom and dad did get some snacks and other munchies for stomach entertainment while watching the TV countdown. But I'll most probably be watching Rain's Fashion concert instead. Haha.

Every new year I always tell myself, I want this year to be different, I want this year to be well-lived, I want this year to be better than the last. But it always doesn't work out that way. All the time, it comes right back down to following the school timetable, the zombie-like life of waking up, eating, going to school, study study, work work work, sleep. I really really really want to break out of this mode of living this year. I don't know if I'm able to do it, but I'll try my best. I'll try to live like there's no tomorrow, try to do new things and step out of my comfort zone once in a while. Along the way, I hope to discover more of who I really am, my purpose in life, and the bare essence and philosophy of living. Haha, sounds a bit over-the-top right? But it's something that I really want to achieve... that standpoint in life where you know where you want to go, who you are, what you live for, and how you can be a better person. It's not really enlightenment, but more like fufilling the journey of self-discovery.

Now I wish I'm back in New York, the Big Apple, joining in their New Year Celebrations in Time's Square.


Today I went to watch Sherlock Holmes with my Dad. I think my Dad and my Aunt are the two people whom I have watched the most movies with. I like the director Guy Ritchie's interpretation of Sherlock Holmes, as much as the classic version. But in the movie, I would say I prefer Dr Watson to Sherlock Holmes. Watson somehow seems to have more class and edge when he does things. Haha... I heard that the British tabloids nicknamed Jude Law (the actor who plays Dr Watson) Hot-son. LOL. It's a good movie, I must say, Sherlock Holmes. I can't wait for the sequel. Judging from the ending, I'm 99% sure there's gonna be one. =))

No comments: