Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Back home. or is it really?

Hey Y'all, I'm back. Korea was PHENOMENAL. It was the best holiday I've ever had in my entire 16 years of existence. Korean guys are really tall, and our tour guide (his name is Eric) said that it's because they all drank Ginseng Milk and ate Kimchi growing up. HAHA. Seriously Koreans are super tall, the guys on average are about 1.85m. Eric's a really nice guy, not to mention good-looking. haha. (The tour guide Eric, not the Eric in school. Had to add this disclaimer, just in case.)

On the first day of the trip, he asked me how old I was, so I replied like I was going to be 16 the next day. And guess what, he threw me a surprise birthday party and bought this huge yummo strawberry cream cake for me!! Believe it or not, i never did once have a birthday party (my birthdays were usually a quiet family affair), and that was one of the best things anyone ever did for me. We spilt the cake among the whole tour group. He's a real joker and made the entire trip more fun than it could ever have been=) It's not that I have a crush on him but he's just soo nice, the kinda person you can become instant best friends with. And that's what happened. Haha. I've supposedly been awarded with the title of the most attentive person when he starts talking about Korean traditions and history.

In all korean tour groups, there's this guy who follows the group around and does little errands like helping us off the bus, serving us during meals and doing the headcounts and reservations for restaurants, etc. His official title is the Photographer for the tour group, and ya, he does go around with his camera taking shots of us. Another tall and good-looking korean guy. LOLs. John's his name and he's still in Uni. This is his part time job. And it is pretty heart-wrenching to see that young, handsome chap working his head off to provide a good service. Like, with his face, he could play a lead in some Korean drama and be the next Bae Yong Joon. He doesn't have a salary, he gets his pay from selling his photos. So I spent alot on him. Haha... over 40 US dollars buying his photos of me and my family.

That totals up to two tall, young and handsome Korean guys that I have met. The members of our tour group were really enthusiastic as well, and I had a blast. When it came time to leave Incheon airport for home, I couldn't bear to leave... like it was so so upsetting that all these people that you played, lived, and laughed with, you're not going to see them again. Especially Eric and John. At the airport, I gave them the biggest smile I could and waved them goodbye, but when I turned around and walked into check-in, I was tearing up really bad, fighting the urge to cry. It's like you just made two wonderful friends and now you're just packed up and flying off and you might never ever get to see them ever again. It didn't help that my dad was rattling away at me for being so not alert and slow at the airport. I hate it when dad does that. He didn't shout or anything, just talking with a irritated expression, but somehow that always makes me feel like I'm not good enough. Basically, leaving the airport was difficult, saddening and just dreadful. Maybe it's just PMS or some other teenage hormone surge that I'm being this emotional. In the end I did cry in the plane, I took the window seat so I could turn and look out the window and no one would see. I still miss Korea. I vow to learn the language and go back someday. Eric told me it only takes 3 months to learn Korean.

To all the kind and sweet people who had wished me a happy birthday in one way or another... THANK YOU SO MUCH<3
You make me feel loved and cared for in this world. I could never have asked for a better SIXTEENth Birthday. xoxo.

You walked in and out of my life too fast. Too fast. Sometimes I wish I could turn back the time to the day we first met.

No comments: