Friday, February 5, 2010

Live today, think tomorrow, but I can't help looking back at yesterday.

Today was fantastic. =) At least for me, and all the other Art stream students in NYJC. No lessons other than Project work. How good can that get? I got to go home today at 12.30pm, which was totally awesome. I have no idea why, but I'm started to add a little bit of accent back into my voice again. Strange, huh? I thought I should be switched to more Singlish at school, but somehow not in Nanyang.

I did lots of research on scholarships once I got home. I would absolutely LOVE to get a scholarship. Not a Singapore govt, or company scholarship, but one from the University that I hope to enter. I'm aiming for University of British Columbia, and there's one scholarship there for international students... I'm not sure whether I should approach our school's Scholarship Development Committee. I heard from my OGL (who went through the programme and dropped out) that it is super stressful and takes up a hell lot of time. Over the weekends I'll be thinking this over, I guess. Although my parents can afford my University education, I would feel better if I were to work hard to clinch it and at least they need not pay so much. Uni education in Canada for a foreign student is over-the-top expensive. Same case for USA and so on. We'll see...

AH... Just sent out a mass email to all Connor Ones (my OG) updating the contact list with our classes. Unfortunately, almost everyone are in different classes. I'm in the same class with this girl called Joleen, though our subject combinations differ slightly. This year, hoping to take up Class Ex-co, just for the fun of it. Haha. I will miss my Connor One groupmates. Orientation was tonnes better than I initially thought it was. I'm starting to miss Mrs Choo's and Mr Goh's Bio and Maths lessons nowadays. The Bio JC lecturer is super intimidating, and the Math teacher speaks like a bullet train but beats around the bush. I can still understand what they are trying to put forward, but I feel more comfortable in Mrs Choo's and Mr Goh's lessons. My favourite subjects currently are Econs and GP.

Please let JC1 be smooth sailing. (and I think it wouldn't be That bad anyway. NYJC!!)

No comments: