Wednesday, February 10, 2010

a day in the times of JC

The new timetable is super unfriendly to the tired brain. I don't get some parts of the timetable. Like what's *eng? below that they write gp and lit somemore. Like huh? Does it mean GP and Lit? So, meaning those ppl in Lit can't go for GP because it's in the same period? I don't know... Going to bring the confusing sheet tomorrow to ask around.

There's someone in my class who is actually very interested in debate!!! I was overjoyed when I heard that. Lols. Finding people for debate seems easier in JC than in Secondary school. Hahas. So far i've got 4 persons already, in slightly over a week. Last year it was months and months of searching to find only 1. I've decided to join debate as an enrichment programme, not a CCA. I'll probably take up something new. Thinking of service learning... sounds meaningful. A lot of people are joining Student Council... or trying out, at least. The irony is that most of them are joining for the sake of their testimonials, not because they want to be involved in Council for the experience and leadership. I wanted to join Council, (for the experience...) but realised later that I have bigger plans, which need the time.

Lessons were no real fun today. Biology was suprisingly the best lesson of all 3 lectures in terms of productivity. Geography was okok only, and the Econs lecturer kept beating about the bush before coming to the main point. I wished she would synchronise her powerpoint slides with the lecture notes more. Her slides and the notes totally didn't tally. I pre-studied Supply and Demand already, so my attention only lasted the first 15-20 minutes or so. The rest of the time, I allowed my imagination to take off, while the lecturer continued her rounds around the bush.

One horror discovery today. Our school actually has H1 Art! I thought they didn't offer, so I didn't take. Argh. Wasted... Haix... nevermind. H1 bio is fine too... i guess.

i'm trying out something new today. Crossing my fingers, hoping it won't backfire......

No comments: