Saturday, November 21, 2009

forever and always

i've been having the worst stomach cramps today. It's absolutely killing me and no painkiller seems to work. Argh. I was supposed to go guitar shopping today, but i guessed it just has to be postponed to tomorrow. Hopefully I don't wake up writhing in pain again tomorrow morning. It's just horrid. Since I was pretty much confined to the bed today, I spent the whole day thinking about the whole year. Like from the start of this year to Graduation Night, I felt like I just dug all the memories out and played them out like videotapes. The first day of school, homework, debate, crazy stuff, my major crush, getting over the major crush (or should i say ex major crush), writing songs, mugging like crazy, shopping like mad for prom, and finally prom itself. I focused alot on Prom though, it seemed like necessary to replay every single second of that night. It's kinda weird that I can actually recall every single thing that happened, how I felt in specific moments. The look on people's faces, and stuff. I hope I never ever forget those moments.

It's sad to think that you're not going to sit in class with your classmates, popping ricola or tic-tacs into your mouth, desperately trying to stay awake and concentrate on what the teacher is talking about. It's upsetting to think that the days where we would buy canteen food and hang out at the same table having small talk about girl stuff or trying to cram last minute facts into our heads for that test after recess anymore. I'll miss the times when i'd walk home with suxue, or walk to the train station with cheng hui, and just pour our hearts out to each other. I'll think about the days where me, kharmei, suxue and calista would have instant noodles at the void deck shop outside school which has since closed, and then we would move on to get our instant noodles at the 7-eleven and just eat under a void deck table nearby. Those were the days, huh? It's funny that throughout the entire year I was wishing so hard for today to come, the end of O levels, and now that today has finally arrived, I suddenly wanna go back to sitting in that stuffy ol' classroom we can proudly call our second home, eating the school food that we used to complain about, mugging hard for the exams we used to loathe. It's almost unbelievable that all that is gone, disappeared with time, and all that is left is just these memories that I will hold on to till the end of my life.

it's a cool night, nice weather to sleep in. Looks like it's going to rain tonight. I hope it does, sometimes it's soothing to wake up in the midst of the night and just listen to the rain hit the ground and the window panes.

Taylor Swift's newly released piano version of forever and always is just simply beautiful. I worked out the chords by ear and am hoping to figure out the right hand part soon enough.

it rains in your bedroom, everything is wrong, it rains when you're here and it rains when you're gone, I was there when you said forever and always.
BEST friends. FOREVER and ALWAYS.

No comments: