Wednesday, November 10, 2010

today's going to be another LONG blogpost. bear with my rants as much as you can, but you have been warned =)

yesterday night i went to sleep grumped. my dad told me in the face he wasn't at all impressed with my OP. he's said it's just memory work. not at all a presentation. and i was kinda syked that we got called back for filming. he just shattered it like glass man. into pieces. my harshest critic. my dad.

today wasn't exactly a totally awesome day, but it was quite the emotional roller coaster. morning woke up early: dread. Bus ride: discomfort, not because i was with Audrey, she helped distract me from the discomfort actually, but coz some ex-cchy schoolmates of mine were on the same bus. I don't know them well at all, one of the guy's is in NY, but still. somehow cchy ppl, aside for some exceptions like 4H, tend to make me all jitterish, in a not so positive sense. Reached tampines: tiredness. my mind was quite blank, like a car engine trying to start without an ignition. Our class was late for our service learning, so: apologetic. Begin to interact with the elderly: bliss, and gratefulness. That's why i like SL. It makes me realise just how fortunate i really am, and stop fussing over everything in life. Rushed back to school: dread and tiredness. and craziness. hahaha, we were practising our OP in the train like some mad broken recorder rattling nonsense. and i hoped the thing would end quickly so i could rush back to the service learning place to see Orson for the first time today. Reached school: chatted with ms chua and he lao shi, haha, had a good laugh here and there. kinda screwed our OP filming, but we kinda didn't care either. Left school: dread again. travelling all the way back to tampines? torture.

As me and my dear PW group were dragging our half dead bodies back to the service learning place, we learnt that they went ahead with the activity without us. we were totally like OMG. great man. we should have just went home or something. then there was this big mix up about whether we had to walk from the SL place to the park where everyone were, or just sit and wait for them to come back. I remember being super pissed. So was Mac, and Kahay. in the end Orson came running over from the park to bring us there. he melted my heart. i can swear that 70% of my agitation dissipated there and then when i heard his footsteps and saw him running over. Chatting with the elderly was even better... i made particular good friends with 2 elderly. haha, one is like 90 years old but kinda "hyperactive". the other is very very warm and friendly to us. at least we got to chat with them before they left. SL is theraputic. so is Orson. hahahaha

the experience with the elderly actually made me reflect how i was treating my grandma. Like how i can be so eager to warm up and talk to the elderly at the place, but sometimes i get so irritated with my own grandma. I mean, i know she's very very VERY negative, and practically sees ONLY the downside to everything, but i should have the same patience, no, even more patience for her, than i have for the elderly at the place, right? i have to work harder. =( to make myself not be so selfish, and not think about her feelings sometimes.

caught a cab back with Audrey. GOD. the cab fare. S$22.15. I literally felt the pinch there and then. MY MONEY. i'm officially at the brink of bankruptcy. for the first time in my life, money has become an issue.

okay, 3rd issue of today. supposed to tell my parents about me and Orson tonight. but because of unforseen circumstances, postponed to tmr night. i'm keeping all my fingers crossed. my toes as well. If they object, i'll probably just faint on the spot or something. heh. I'm trying to polish up a slick way to break it to them, so it wouldn't be as rough tmr night. please please please let this turn out the way i want it to be.

tmr there's no school, so i'll guess i'll do some cleaning up and packing, and help out with some housework also. to prove to my parents that i've grown up.

No comments: