Wednesday, December 31, 2008

this NEW year...

Oh my GOD. It's new year's eve... which means that, school starts on FRIDAY. I absolutely, totally, irrevocably hate and loathe it. Schools spells only one dreadful thing.... the theft of our normal personal life. The invasion of our precious time. The oncoming evil of stress and depression...

ok... maybe i dramatised a bit with my play of words... but certainly, school isn't anything good to look forward to. 'O' Levels surely doesn't help in making things better.... only worse.

This might sound crazy, but I miss my childhood. Because Singaporeans only get to enjoy less than 5 years of it. The rest of the "robbed" years were dreadfully spent in preparation for examinations, tests, extra-ciricculum activities which have noticably and unmistakenly taken control of our entire life. That's a Singaporean Kid for you.

I never really realised that kids were entitled to so much fun, freedom, and space for creativity until my first visit to a Canadian School. I would never forget or stop yearning for that sort of life, but I suppose in local schools, its clear to impossible.

dreads...
carmen

No comments: