Monday, April 28, 2008

chinese exam...


i'm going to write in story book version today.... some change must happen...


it was a hot day. naturally i don't sweat much, but i could feel the waves of heat and humidity hanging in the air. i walked fast, hugging my tote school bag in my hands. was it fatigue, or was the weather making my head spin?


nevertheless, i walked fast, trying to fake that my bag was light with my seemingly effortless footsteps. suspicious by nature, i silently profiled each person in my surroundings as i walked. although the neighbourhood is a particulary safe place, i took no chances. correction. i never took any.


finally i reached the lift. the door opened and i glanced behind me. i never entered the lift with anyone, only parents with young kids.


through a particular episode in my life, i learnt not to trust.

i liked being alone sometimes. to me, being alone meant no bothersome irritating people, no one to distrub my thoughts. i leaned back against the wall of the lift, but not before checking if it was clean. i shut my eyes... until i felt the little jerk that told me that i reached my floor.


home sweet home.


feeling goddamned emo,

cArMeN

No comments: